Some people may think the only way to deal with a mental illness is with will power; although will power and determination form a good basis for recovery, there is more than one aspect. And of course, there is hope. And WE are with you.
VIMHANS follows a Bio-Psycho-Socio Approach to Treatment of Mental Illnesses in all its services.
BIO - Psychopharmacological Management:
Vimhans is fortunate to have a highly experienced and academically oriented team of Psychiatrists. The department is well versed with the handling of Acute to Chronic mental health scenario’s and all age groups as well. The vast majority of clients are managed on outpatient (OPD) basis where the emphasis is on:
- Detailed workups
- Confirmation of diagnosis
- Psychoeducation of both patient and caregiver
- Feedback systems to evaluate progress of the client
- E.C.T. / rTMS and other neuromodulation inputs where indicated
- Clients and caregivers are introduced to the possibility of online interactions if practicable
Limited numbers of clients need inpatient care (IPD). This service is customized with a variety of inputs at VIMHANS and directed towards:
- The handling of unmanageable behavior
- Suicidal intent or ideation
- The medical and related management of substance abuse
- Complex co-morbidities whether physical or mental in origin.
- Value added inputs as: attention to cognition; mind body tools incl. creative therapies, purposeful – occupational approaches.
In all the above – special emphasis is placed on caregiver evaluation; education and attention to their stress or burnout. Both client and caregiver can follow up with their treating consultants in the online mode as well.