The concept of recovery in mental health rehabilitation is that of empowering the client, instilling a sense of independence and to live a life of hope and dignity. “It is about people shaping the support they receive and being in control as they progress towards increased independence.”
What is personalised recovery oriented services:
Personalized Recovery Oriented Services (PROS) is a comprehensive model that integrates rehabilitation, treatment, and support services for people with serious mental illness. It is designed for patients who require high level of care from outpatient services or for those patients who are transitioning from inpatient admission.
Why is personalisation required:
Personalization is the tool and the support necessary to use an individual’s own skills, experiences and networks to lead his/her journey towards improved mental wellbeing.
A Personalised Rehabilitation Plan also means the individual is accountable to follow it as much as possible, towards a purposeful, meaningful life. For example: once his/ her goals in life are identified - domains such as relationships, employment, housing, education, spiritual, and leisure time, the next step is to identify obstacles that must be overcome in order to achieve them. The program is time-bound and goal oriented. Focussed towards: ADL, Social skills and interactions, building compliance with medication, creative instincts, food-related interests, enhancing cognitive ability – mild to moderate, vocational capabilities.
PROS is based on the belief that recovery is a reality for all individuals with severe mental health conditions.
- To integrate treatment, support and rehabilitation in a manner that facilitates individual’s recovery. Ensure continuity of care
- Independent living and integration into community
- To help in stabilizing symptoms so that the probability to attend college, retain a job or live a healthy lifestyle maximizes. To improve daily functioning
- Provide cost effective treatment, as these methods aim to reduce chances of re-hospitalisation
Services offered in the PROS program:
- Cognitive rehabilitation
- Social skills training
- Activities of daily living training
- Vocational guidance
- Psycho education to improve understanding about mental illness and treatment.
- CBT approaches to improve medication adherence.
- Training in prevention of relapses.
- SST to buffer stress and strengthen social support.
- Teaching coping skills to reduce distress and severity of symptoms.
PROS Multidisciplinary team comprises of:
- Occupational therapist
- Nursing professionals
- Expressive Arts therapists
- Pre-Vocational Skill Trainers
Our team develops individualised treatment plans for each patient to address their psychiatric symptoms, behaviour and goals.
Components of PROS:
- nitial Rehabilitation And Clinical Assessments
- Intensive Rehabilitation And Support
- Transition To Community
PROS Trial Policy:
- We encourage IPD clients to avail this facility after getting discharged, on a complimentary basis.
- For OPD clients, this will be a paid service; the charges will be adjusted in the monthly fee structure once the client enrols in the program
- Can last up to 7 days
- Based on the individual’s regularity, punctuality, and motivation, the trial can transition into the program plan