Expertise in treating Adult Mood Disorders (Depression and Bipolar Disorder), Anxiety Disorders, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders, Drug de addiction, Psychotic Disorders and Relationship problems for more than 15 years.
Working in liason with other departments of the institute.
Psychiatry consultancy in mental health boards and mental health camps organized by the Government of West Bengal.
Teaching faculty in the specialty of Psychiatry for the course of DNB Psychiatry (NBE) and guiding students pursuing the course in their dissertation.
Medical College faculty position under West Bengal Medical Education Service (WBMES), Government of West Bengal for 15 years.
Lecture classes and OPD/bedside clinical training of:
Undergraduate students of the Medical College- II, VIII and IX Semesters
Post-graduate –Degree and Diploma of Psychiatry, Community Medicine, Physical Medicine (WBUHS), Psychology (Pure and Applied)- M.A./M.Phil courses (IGNOU, RabindraBharati University, Calcutta University and Barasat West Bengal StateUniversity).
Nursing- BSc and MSc nursing (WBUHS).
MON - SAT (10.00 AM TO 5.00 PM)
Institutional Area, Nehru Nagar
Senior Consultant Psychiatrist with more than
18 years of experience in fields of Clinical, Teaching and Research
position (Ex-Associate Professor) in
Department of Psychiatry (WBMES) for 13 years.
Thesis Guide for students pursuing DNB Psychiatry (NBE) for more than 5 years.
Areas of Expertise
Brain Stimulation (rTMS-Repetitive
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation)
abuse cessation and Rehabilitation
disorders and Remediation
Brain Stimulation of Psychiatric disorders - ECT, rTMS and TDCS (NIMHANS Bangalore)
Practices in management of Addictive Disorders (NIMHANS,Bangalore)
and Research Methodology (Govt. of West Bengal)
Education, Research and Technology (Govt. of WB)
- Fellow of Indian Psychiatric Society
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association
- Research in the field of Psychiatry exploring the nuances of life, culture and habitation.
- Cognitive neurosciences with emphasis on Geriatric Psychiatry (Dementia, Movement disorders, Parkinson’s Disease).
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credit (10 CME Credits) on Epilepsy
- (American Academy of Neurology)
- Certification on “Non-Invasive Brain Stimulation of Psychiatric
- Disorders-ECT, RTMS, TDCS” (NIMHANS,Bangalore)
- Trained on “Medical Education, Research and Technology”
- (Medical Teacher Training Centre, Institute of Health and Family Welfare, Kolkata, Government of West Bengal).
- Certification in “Biostatistics and Research Methodology”
- (Government of West Bengal)